I am pleased to announce that Brett Chalfin and I have founded the first ever PARK SLOPE FILM FESTIVAL on July 7th at Two Moon – Art House & Cafe, featuring live jazz music by Brett’s BROOKLYN PROJECT and short films by up and coming filmmakers from as close as Park Slope to as far as Ithaca, New York. Stay tuned for exciting updates — this page is currently under construction.
If you would like to submit to the festival, contact Aaron Fisher at email@example.com. The deadline for submission of films is June 23rd.
- Applications must be made via email, and must include the directors’s full name, the total running time (including credits, titles), title of the film, and press material (at least 1 screenshot or set still, a trailer if available but not mandatory, and a small synopsis or blurb about the film).
- Films must be submitted online (via youtube or vimeo, or any other platform that’s easy to use and loads properly).
- Films must be 15 minutes or under.
- Special permission must be obtained for films over 15 minutes. Please note that films over 15 minutes are much less likely to be accepted.
- Total presentation at festival must be 15 minutes or under (including opening remarks). No formal Q&A’s allowed due to scheduling.
- The filmmaker(s) must be present at the festival on July 7th at Two Moon.
- As of now, the films will be shown on DVD on a high quality projector and speakers. The filmmaker is responsible for burning their own high quality DVDs. We will contact filmmakers in advance if the format for screening changes at all.
- Due to submissions exceeding available slots, the Park Slope Film Festival cannot accept every submission.
- The deadline for submission of films is June 23rd.
- Good luck and look forward to seeing you at the festival!